Friday, August 8, 2014

Skeletonized Hammer For A Beretta 92FS

By Flea - Be A Survivor

Jeezuz H. Christ, I bought a new skeletonized hammer to put on my Beretta 92FS, along with a metal fluted guide rod and spring from Wilson Combat.  I also put some nice Wilson Combat grips on that bitch too.  I am not just telling you this to brag or be a douche, figured I would share some information regarding this with anyone out there with a Beretta 92/96/M9 handgun that may be thinking of undertaking that endeavor.

Well, I found this nifty video from Beretta that goes through the process of replacing the hammer, and it seemed simple enough, so I bit the bullet and bought a skeletonized hammer from Beretta USA.  I also said, let me replace the shitty plastic grips that come with gun as well as the shitty plastic guide rod so I went to Wilson Combat and got both of those things from them.

Quick side note: The picture right on the Wilson Combat Beretta page looks "similar" to my Beretta 92 FS now except my grips are cherry (same exact ones though).  You can see what the skeletonized hammer looks like on that one.

So, the fucking hammer shows up today and I say, hell let me get this installed...eazy, peazy, japanezy, right?  FUCK NO.

Here is the Beretta Video on YouTube.com:

How to change the hammer on the Beretta 92/96 series


The hammer spring cap pin slides right out, right?  FUCK NO.

WAAAAAAY down in the comments someone with some fucking brains finally mentions, "Oh if you have an Italian Model 9X series, they use a roll pin and you need to tap that out with a punch and hammer".  Well, FUCK ME, do you think the douche from Beretta could mention that in the video?

So if you have an Italian Beretta 92 FS (and who the fuck wants an American Beretta...really) you will need some tools to get that hammer spring cap pin out, namely a brass punch and brass hammer. Once I figured that out the whole thing literally took 5 minutes.  But until I figured that out I was thinking either this Beretta guy is the fucking hulk or I am the biggest pussy on the plant because that pin wasn't budging.  Once I had everything lined up I gave the punch a slight tap with the brass hammer and it immediately starting moving.

So I guess the moral of the story is don't believe everything you read or see on the Interwebz.

I am not affiliated with Wilson Combat, just wanted to mention they make nice shit and the Beretta really is a nice gun.

That is all...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this is really interesting. Somehow I reached here while browsing. But when I gone through your Blog.. Its just awwwesomme. I have subscribed your siteupdates via E-mail. Keep on updating buddiiee. And I have also bookmarked it for future visit and I am definitely going to come here soon for more discussions.

    ReplyDelete