Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Shit I Actually Use Series: CLP

By Flea - Be A Survivor

I am just so clever but deep down inside I think I am smarter than I actually am.  I have decided to start a new series here at Be A Survivor and I think the post title sums it up quite nicely.  I figured I would share some shit with you folks that actually use.  Yes, I will post a link to where you can buy some, you can click on it if you like.  I don't want to be deceptive anymore regarding things like my Amazon Associates account.  Like I said, click on it or fucking don't, I really don't give a shit.

So what is game for this series, everything.  I will post some survival shit, gun shit, food items, and even some kooky shit.  The key to this whole series is that it will be something I use.  There will be no bullshit, if I don't use, believe in it, like it, eat it, or stand behind it, then you won't fucking see it here.

OK enough of that, here we go...so for the inaugural post in the series I chose to do a post on CLP (Cleans, Lubricates, Prevent)   It is a God send for cleaning guns and after I starting using it I gave up on gun cleaner and oil for the most part.  You know this shit works because I have seen videos of our boys overseas spraying this shit on everything, including a 50 cal that kept jamming.

Cleaning my gun now consists of soaking the barrel with this CLP  waiting 5 minutes, wiping it down, and running a bore snake through it several times.  I then dry brush and wipe the rest of the components and put a drop of oil where the manufacturer recommends.  That is that.

Nothing is worse than accidentally knocking over a bottle of Hoppes gun cleaner, it stains wood and makes everything reek, ask me how I know this?  Because I am a dumb ass and did just that.  Since I changed to CLP which is a spray I don't have to worry about being a moron and spilling shit.  CLP is also great for getting all that gun powder residue cleaned up and does put a protective and preserving layer on the barrel.  CLP meets military specifications, and as I said, our boys use it liberally.  The other good thing is that although CLP does have an odor, it is not going to get you stoned like gun cleaner will, I use to get a fucking headache every time I cleaned my guns.

Well there you go, shit that I actually use.  Try CLP I think you'll be impressed and make the switch like I did.

What I would like to see from you folks is post some stuff in the comments you actually use, maybe I will get a tid bit or two from someone wiser than I.  Could be anything, the only caveat is  that it obviously should be something you use!

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment