Monday, August 11, 2014

EDC - Everyday Carry

By Flea - Be A Survivor

I have to laugh because I belong to a forum on concealed carry in Ohio, and I constantly see debates saying you need to carry a six fucking pound .45 ACP weapon and you need to carry at least two or three extra mags of ammo with you (oh and don't forget about your BUG, that's backup gun for you not in the know...).

I laugh because it is 90 degrees outside and I am in shorts and a fucking tee shirt.  Where am I supposed to pack all this shit?

You know what I carry in the summer?  A Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster, loaded with 6+1 defensive hollow point type ammo in it.  No extra mags, no 1911, no goddamn bazooka.  I am not heading out to Iraq, I am going to fucking Giant Eagle to buy some lunch meat and bread!

They say, "OH MY Sir, you are totally and completely unprepared!"  I say for what? A fucking invasion?  I went from carrying nothing, to carrying a gun everyday and somehow I am less prepared than I was?  Bullshit.  Let me get something straight here, unless someone is trying to kill me or my wife, that gun is staying in my pocket.  I am not the police; I am not going to stop a bank robbery nor am I going to save some damsel in distress (other than said wife).  You are on yer fucking own...BTW if the damsel in distress started the argument that triggered her getting her head bashed in by her dick boyfriend, and I shoot the fucker trying to save her, according to the law in Ohio, I am going to fucking jail.

But I digress.  The purpose of this post is not to lecture you on the finer points of the Ohio Revised Code, it was first, to tell you ignore the morons who tell you that you need to carry a 1911 and seven mags of ammunition with you everyday.  Carry what you want.

Second, it was to tell you exactly what I carry on an everyday basis...

In the summer, I carry the Bodyguard in pocket holster (kydex), with a Benchmade Griptillian (see my review of it here - yep I still carry the same fucking knife, it's a good one), my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone (Yeah thats right, FUCK Apple), car keys, and a wallet.  That is it.  Oh and I wear a Citizen watch with a  leather band and one of those dopey paracord brackets I picked up at a gun show.

If you conceal carry, invest in cargo shorts, they are a life saver.  I have them in every color at this point.

The only thing that changes is in the winter when I will carry my M&P Shield 9mm in an IWB holster rather than the Bodyguard.  Everything else in my EDC collection remains the same.

I'll give a plug to two holster makers I actually fucking use...

Multiholsters.com makes the kydex pocket holster I use for pocket carry.




N82 Tactical makes the IWB (the professional series) I use for my M&P Shield.


I am not affiliated with, nor do I get an kickbacks from these companies.  I use them and like them, so check them out if you want, I really could give a rats ass.

You'll also notice all my small carry guns have Talon Grips on them to aid with the purchase on the gun when drawn, you get some nice texture with those and as you see, I use them.

For those counting, my New Hampshire non-resident Concealed Carry permit came in the mail this week, that was really painless and done completely via the mail.

I now have Ohio, PA non-resident, and New Hampshire non-resident.  I have applications out for Utah non-resident and Maine non-resident.  Once they come in, I am doing Florida non-resident and Arizona non-resident.  I'll be able to carry in 39 out 50 states once Maine comes in.  Like I said in a previous post, if your committed to this get them all because you never know when laws will change...at least you'll be grandfathered.

So if anyone still reads this God forsaken piece o' shit blog, leave me a comment on what your EDC is...

That is all...

4 comments:

  1. My EDC is a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. If I'm awake, I'm carrying. Asleep and it's 2 feet from me.

    I don't carry extra mags either. Does the bodyguard have an extra long trigger pull instead of a mechanical safely like the Ruger does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam, the Bodyguard is DA only and has very long trigger pull. That being said it does have and external safety (a small one), that I never use. The LCP is a fine gun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I like it. Almost got a bodyguard as my friend loves his.

    Keep up the good work on this blog. I like your honesty and straightforwardness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is an old article but I just read it and really like your common sense. I'm torn between the m&p bodyguard with laser or the m&p shield. It will be for edc. Any thoughts

    ReplyDelete