Wednesday, August 13, 2014

9mm Is The New .45 ACP

By Flea - Be A Survivor

OK let's get this shit right out in the open and on the fucking table.  9mm is fine for defensive purposes.  There I said it, the fucking world didn't end and Jeff Cooper's rotting corpse didn't rise from the fucking grave.

IGNORE the fucking idiots who insist you carry a .45.  I have a .45, it's a beautiful gun, it's fun to shoot; it is also the size of a boat anchor and holds 10 rounds plus one in the chamber.  Yes, there are smaller .45's and the round count gets even smaller proportionally.  Listen, carry whatever the fuck you want, all I am saying is, don't listen to the fucktards that are still stewing over the US Military's decision to go with the NATO standard 9mm over the .45 back in the 1980's.

All I know is, if I were so inclined to carry a full-sized weapon (which I am not), I would much rather carry a 9mm with a 15+1 (and even higher in some models) capacity than a .45 with 11 rounds.  The modern 9mm is a far cry from the 9mm of yesteryear and the ballistics are fine for defensive purposes.  Do the research, I am not a scientist, but the myth that you need to carry a .40 cal or .45 ACP handgun is purely that, a myth.

Women especially are really going to appreciate the lower recoil found in the 9mm.  Depending on the size of the gun .40 and .45 can be not so fun to shoot.  Take my M&P Shield, there is no way I was buying that fucking gun in the .40 version, that would be way too "snappy" in my opinion.  A hit with a 9mm hurts a hell of a lot more than a miss with a .40 or a .45.

The key to me is buying the right ammo, I buy the cheap stuff like Blazer Brass for the range.  In my carry weapons I use .380 Remington Defensive Rounds (hollow point) in my Bodyguard and I use Hornady Critical Duty (9mm hollow points) in my M&P Shield.  Yes, the ammo is expensive as shit but only buy a few hundred rounds - enough to shoot at the range and ensure they will feed flawlessly in my guns and enough to cycle through every six months.  I replace the ammo in my carry guns every time I go to the range.  YES, get hollow points, you have less chance of shoot an innocent bystander due to over penetration than with FMJ ball ammo (yeah and move out of fucking NJ, I believe only the police and the criminals can have hollow points there).

This is pretty amusing...

Size doesn't matter...

Anyhow, that is my story and if you don't like it, eat shit.

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment