Monday, August 18, 2014

72 Hours...You're Fucked.

By Flea - Be A Survivor

I don't know how many of you actually pay attention to the news, but last week Ohio's 4th largest city Toledo got a rude awakening.  There was a toxic algae bloom on the western end of Lake Eerie that had officials telling people in no fucking uncertain terms, "DO NOT drink the water."  The kicker is the old standby of boiling the water was useless because that had the nasty effect of making the toxin more concentrated.

It was magic to watch this unfold, the announcement went out around midnight and people cleaned out stores literally by 6 am.  People were driving to other states to get fucking bottled water.  That is but a taste of what it will be like in a real disaster, except instead of yelling at each other in the aisles of Giant Eagle, people will be stabbing and shooting bitches for their supplies.  It still amazes me how little people do to be prepared.  I mean Jesus H. Christ this isn't fucking rocket science and even with all these dopey doomsday shows people still just laugh the shit off.

If you care one iota about your family and you do nothing then don't come knocking on my fucking door when the shit goes down, unless you want the muzzle brake of my Colt M4 pointed in your face.  I don't give a shit if your wife is pregnant or little Johnny hasn't eaten in days...I will shoot your ass and dump you on the burn pile in my back yard.  The most important things to me at that time will be ME and my wife and dogs.  Just being honest, you don't like it, go read some other survival blog.

Now I will admit, I am not one of those people they purposefully paint as nut jobs on Doomsday Preppers.  Really people, is getting on TV that important to you?  Don't you know they want you to look like a nut?  BTW they have succeeded in painting a picture of the the prepper community as a bunch a paranoid nimrods, scarfing down fish antibiotics and armor plating their 1977 AMC Pacer's.  I will never forget the episode where Tim, the "Expert" shoots himself in the thumb and tries to say..."The gun malfunctioned."  No, you pulled the trigger with your fucking thumb in front of the barrel asshole.  Here is the video for your enjoyment:

Tim the douchbag, "It was one of those malfunctions, where my thumb went in front of the barrel.", shooting himself.

I still laugh every time I see that one, but I digress.  The purpose of this post is to help you, help yourself.  For me and my wife and dogs, I keep 10 gallons of tap water in two large sanitized water containers (and I rotate it).  I also have no less than 12-15 cases of water in the basement at any given time.  We also have rain water barrels that hold 55 gallons each connected to our downspouts.

As far as food goes, we store lots of canned goods that we rotate, namely: chicken, sardines, Spam, corned beef hash, canned fruit, dog food and canned veggies.  We also store things like beef jerky and nuts of all kinds (pistachio's, cashews, and peanuts).  I have a small Weber grill that uses the small propane canisters that I "could" use indoors in a pinch.  I store a bunch of those canisters as well as two extra 20 lb. propane tanks for my regular Weber grill, so we can do some minimal cooking.  We store plenty of macaroni and cheese, Raman soups, and dry pasta.  We "could" last for a couple of months on our own if we had to and we rationed properly.

Some other stuff we have are plenty of batteries and flashlights, a generator, and inverter (the car batteries are power sources), plenty of guns (and bullets), and other assorted survival gear.  No one says you need a bunker or to be able to survive for years in place.  If something bad enough happens that we need to be on our own longer than 3 months, I am not sure civilization will ever be back on track in my lifetime and more than likely I'll wish I was dead.

At a minimum you need to store enough food and water to last for 3 days, you would be surprised how few people do that.  It's pretty fucking easy to do.  Go buy 3 or 4 cases of water or so, buy 2 cases of MRE's and your fucking done (the numbers depend on how many people you are storing for).  I mean how fucking hard is that? That will last longer than 3 days if you ration.  Buy a flashlight, jumbo pack of fucking batteries, first aid kit, and buy this radio (yes, I still own it) and you will be in  some pretty solid shape.

If you don't do at least that, well, Darwin will take care of you soon enough.

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment