Saturday, February 25, 2012

Measure My Weight Loss

By Flea - Be A Survivor

As many of you know I made several new years's resolutions this year and I am doing quite well I must say. I am still smoke free, the nail biting has completely stopped, I am exercising regularly (60 mins a day/6 days a week in fact), and I am down 20 lbs. When I started I was 240 lbs., I am now 220.4 lbs as of yesterday morning.

We had a really crappy old scale that had the old dial mechanism that was basically just giving us a rough estimate because it was hard to read and we had to mess with it to get it to zero out. I wanted a new scale and I wanted it to be digital. Unfortunately EVERY digital scale I have ever owned has sucked beyond belief. I would get on, weigh myself, get off, get back on and be a different weight...almost every time.

I was doing some research and came across a scale that the reviewers were singing the praises of and in all the reviews there was a consistent theme...CONSISTENCY. You would weigh yourself 20 times and be the same weight 20 times!

The scale is the:

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology

...and let me tell you I am very, very , VERY impressed thus far. No need to tap the thing or to do anything else. Get on the scale and it weighs you, get back on and it weighs you and the weight is the SAME. Drink a glass of water and the weight will be higher. The scale is VERY sensative and very easy to read and is accurate to .2 lbs which I find pretty amazing.

The main thing you want in a scale when you are trying to lose weight is consistency. Is the scale 100% accurate? It appears to be close, but more importantly it is consistent. I highly recommend this scale and it has made my weigh-ins much more enjoyable and less frustrating.

...That is all



Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Buy Be A Survivor stuff!

The Social Stuff!
Follow Me on Twitter~Friend Me on Facebook~The Survivalists

10 comments:

  1. Like you say, being consistent is the most important part!

    Good on ya for staying smoke free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the scale. I have tried them before and they were nothing more than pretty junk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - Good for you! Keep up the good work.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! And being smoke free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the great work! Having a managable weight is key to survivalist strategies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work. It always feels good to see a small child fall of your belly. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats on that great achievement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to have to check it out. I got rid of my last scale cause if you leaned forward you were one weight & leaning back was another - not good for accuracy but I could feel better by looking forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may be successful in losing weight, but more important is the maintenance of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you my friend for you're doing your new year's resolution. I hope you'll lose more weight and get the weight you want.

    ReplyDelete