Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ready.gov

By Flea - Be A Survivor

Received the following email and decided to share:

Greetings:

I am writing to see if I can interest your blog in a topic for September – emergency preparedness.

National Preparedness Month (NPM), sponsored by FEMA’s Ready Campaign, is a national campaign during the month of September to increase emergency preparedness across the U.S. I am currently reaching out to emergency and disaster-related blogs to ask for help in encouraging Americans to take steps toward preparedness. Slightly more than half of Americans say they have taken steps toward preparedness, and your blog would be a great place to encourage the rest to get prepared.

You can find information about the Ready Campaign and National Preparedness Month at Ready.gov, and I can provide you with additional information or answer any of your questions. This is such an important, yet often forgotten task, not just during National Preparedness Month, but year-round. We would be delighted if your blog would consider supporting preparedness.

Thank you in advance for your support,

The Ready Campaign
Office of External Affairs
Federal Emergency Management Agency
npm@dhs.gov

That is all...

3 comments:

  1. FEMA wants to know if we're interested in learning smergency preparedness from them??? The same outfit that took five days to get water to the folks being held in the Super Dome?? Are they kidding??? They're as useless as a trap door in a canoe!!
    TheGrillSgt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I agree with GrillSgt! You're better off just buying some basic survival gear & kits and having them on hand than listing to FEMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I would like to thank you for the hard work you have made for this blog. I truly like this..
    I have added your blog to My Blog—Friends Blog area
    http://auto-transports.blogspot.com/. So would
    You put my blog as well; our visitors can get virtual and useful information from your site.
    I will hope you will add my blog.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete