Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Political Correctness

By Flea - Be A Survivor

This will be short and to the point.

Political correctness, I don’t even like the way the words sound as they roll off the tongue.

The country is going to hell in a hand basket and the primary reason is because of political correctness. I usually stay away from the politics stuff but if you’re conservative, trying to have a conversation these days is tough because things are “off-limits”. PC doesn’t affect the liberal community as much because that’s just the way it is…you are all adults I’ll let you stew on it.

We need to call them like we see them. Trying to pussyfoot around stuff only exacerbates a situation.

If I disagree with someone who happens to be a different color than me, that does not make me racist, no more than visiting Hawaii makes me Hawaiian. The issue today is we are so afraid to say what we are thinking because we may be branded something that we aren’t. We all know that once that genie is out of the bottle; there isn’t a way to stuff his ass back in there.

This being America we always think we can make things better by throwing money at it, the best example of that is our educational system. We throw billions at it and our kids still can’t pass basic proficiency tests. The schools in my area just reported results on performance and they missed the goals. You will be shocked to learn the goal ONLY required 58% of students to perform at a satisfactory level, and WE MISSED THAT!! I mean are you fucking kidding me? Stuff like this makes me think about home schooling if we ever have a kid.

No amount of money is going to fix this political correctness issue, people will just have to scream they are tired of the BS and say what they want. The only way to change the brainwashing we have all gone through since this crap started is to say enough is enough.

That is all...

3 comments:

  1. yep- the kids failing isn't so much a failure of our school system, but a failure of the parents. If you expect the school to teach your kid everything, then you failed. Parents need to be involved and push their kids and teach them what they missed or weren't taught in school.

    I also agree that the PC is a bunch of crap. Unfortunately, the only place left where you can say what you think is the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! I'm fairly liberal but it really bothers me that you can't call a spade a spade any more. (No I'm NOT talking about black people BTW.) And as you say, our educational system is a joke. I heard some idiot say everyone should be able to go to college. Who is going to weld things, build houses, fix the plumbing? Bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a good friend who is a teacher and very frustrated with the way the No Child Left Behind goals are set.

    It seems that students are grouped by race (among other groupings) and each group is scored separately. In a small district there may be several subcategorical groupings that contain only *one student each*. If the one student in the category for, say, pacific islander, fails his or her test, the school district automatically fails in that whole category, bringing down the average of larger groups far more than is statistically fair.

    ReplyDelete