Thursday, August 5, 2010

Point Shoot

By Flea - Be A Survivor

Received another interesting email and thought I would share with my readers.

"WILL YOUR 1911 END UP KILLING YOU???

Here's an new article of mine that you are welcome to use as you wish. My site is a web-a-blog collection of text, pics, papers, and etc. on Point Shooting and self defense.

Feel free to edit it.

If you use some or all of it, be shure you have a fire extinguisher close by.

My web site is www.pointshooting.com - You are welcome to copy and use most all of the info there.

Best regards,

John Veit"

Flea - So check it out and let me know what you think...

That is all...

3 comments:

  1. A good set of articles. I've used the P&S techniques described without realizing there were studies, articles and science behind it. The P&S method was used during Instructor Quals & CCW Quals- after firing 200+ rounds in two hours or so something's got to give, like the trigger finger strength, enter the middle finger! It works with semi-autos and revolvers. At 15 yds you're still dead on, with a bit of practice. Now to see how it works with the mini pistols (Kel Tec, Ruger, etc.) now being sold.

    Check out the fundamentals and get some trigger time. When the crap hits the fan in close quarters, visual fields close down, and everything goes to Hades, P&S Muscle Memory will save your behind, and you won't take out some innocent person in the area

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to point out that when during Instructor Training, and CCW quals, initially I was at full arm extension, and using sights; it was then I noticed that after mag change & speed loader charging, using the P&S grip method, that I was on target immediately. Post quals, I tried the P&S method without sighting, and was amazed at the results. Was it muscle memory or what?

    I don't know the absolute correct answer, but the targets don't lie. I'm comfortable with the technique, and it's in the bag of tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is called Flash sight now by the NRA and LE. No one uses the term point shooting anymore. This will get you in trouble if you shoot someone or something accidently. Question "Did you even use your sights?" Uh no! Sometimes how we explain our actions is just as important as the actions themselves.

    ReplyDelete