Monday, July 26, 2010

Positive Mental Outlook

By Flea - Be A Survivor

I laugh everytime I see the Geico commercial below. The reason being we have become a nation of fat and depressed losers. I laugh at the commercial because what R. Lee screams at the guy, that is what I want to scream at people sometimes.



Sure there are people out there with true medical issues and my heart goes out to all of you, but let's face it folks...there ain't THAT many people out there that need to be medicated. The pharma companies and doctors are doping us up faster than a crack head who just hit the lottery. They can't wait to give you a pill to help you handle all that stress that is going to make your brain explode.

Me? I call stress having to go out and find your next meal or figure out how not to get eaten by things higher on the food chain than you. Not getting into the school I want, being able to go on vacation, or having to actually work for a living...that is nothing (ask the people looking for jobs, they know...and I mean REALLY looking, not that half hearted bullshit to keep the wife off your back and the unemployment office happy).

I think it was Josey Wales (great movie BTW) who said "Dying's easy for men like you and me; it's living that's hard..." Living is tough, suck it up and get on with it and don't make excuses for your inadequacies and you'll do fine. Work hard and most of all always keep a positive mental outlook. It could always be worse trust me; just when you think you are down, the old man upstairs plants one square in the wedding tackle to show you who is in charge. The only thing you can do is roll with it and say it will get better to yourself.

I know, you think I am full of crap, it is a proven fact that people fighting things like cancer can increase their odds by maintaining a positive outlook and a fighting attitude. I mean if you call it quits you might as well jump in the hole and throw the first shovel full of dirt on yourself to save everyone the trouble.

Letting crap roll off your back is a skill I have mastered, ask my wife. I don't let shit bother me, I keep it real and tell people to go scratch when it is called for, otherwise I mind my own damn business and get on with my life.

That is part of the problem, we get way too involved in everyone else's business. Worry about yourself and when you are in a ZEN like state (never gonna happen), then you can stick that thing between your eyes and mouth in other folks affairs. And for cryin out loud stop giving advice to people who never listen to it anyway...another pet peeve. If they don't do what you suggest and they screw themselves so be it (you would think they would listen to after that but they never do).

Maintain a positive outlook and you will be rewarded. You will find you are happier, healthier, and ready to face new challenges with renewed vigor.

You don't have to listen to me though, I am sure your doctor can prescribe something to you to take that edge off...ya jackwagon ;)

That is all...

2 comments:

  1. I am a huge advocate of the positive mental attitude and believe that psychologically, if you are not mentally fit, or have too much stress in your life from work or that car that won't start your decision making ability is screwed. Like you said, you need to let some crap, simply roll off your back. If you don't do that you are clouding your own judgement.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Suck up and drive on" normally shocks people back into action. Given the correct tone of voice and modulation.

    ReplyDelete