Monday, April 19, 2010

Equipment Review: Thermos Travel Mug

By Flea - Be A Survivor

There have been many times that I was excited to read about or see a product and utterly disappointed when I pulled the trigger. This my friends was NOT one of those times.

I travel A LOT, to say that would be an understatement, and most of my travel is driving all over North and South Carolina. I was sick and tired of crappy travel mugs that do a shitty job of keeping coffee hot and an even shittier job of keeping coffee off my pants and shirt.


Enter the Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug,
so simple and elegant and so utterly NON-disappointing. The mug is built like a tank...I mean that literally, it weighs a decent amount empty but feels like pure quality. The top SCREWS on which is nice and there is a lever that activates the rubber membrane and allows liquid out through one of the slits in the top.

When you fill it with hot liquid you will hear an audible pop when you move the lever from closed to open the first time (by the way OPEN and CLOSED are clearly visible based on the position of the lever so there will be no mistakes or spills).

In the closed position you can turn the mug upside down and shake it and no liquid will spill out...NONE.

The mug is easy to disassemble and clean so no worries there. It is really a mini vacuum bottle I guess but it really is one of the coolest products I have bought in a long time. I have placed hot coffee in the mug and drank it 6 or 7 hours later and it was still hot.

Thermos did a REALLY nice job on this one and it will be the last travel mug I buy for a LONG TIME.

Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug, Midnight Blue

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment