Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Roundup Vol. 31

By Flea - Be A Survivor

The damage to the house should begin to get fixed starting next week, once the adjuster comes back with the estimate. This has been a real learning experience for us in many ways. You can prepare for disaster in many ways but EMOTIONALLY it is very hard to be prepared when a disaster happens to you. My neighbors have been great, offering us hot meals and a place to stay if needed. You really get a grasp on who you can count on when this stuff happens and I now know who my REAL friends are in the development where I live.

Once things quiet down I will give you the blow by blow details of how everything went down along with some pictures to. Luckily I was pretty far ahead with posting so you will have another week of scheduled posts coming up, I hope you enjoy them.

I apologize, I am also wrapping up my degree THIS WEEK and will have a lot more free time in the weeks to come. Geez, the Lord is testing me for sure...

ONE YEAR AGO THIS WEEK ON BE A SURVIVOR:
Be Prepared: Emergency Fund
Reading Its Not Just For Entertainment
How To Survive A Trip To The Airport
Book Review: Live Off The Land In The City And Country
HAM Radio, Get Your License - Communicate With The World

THE USUAL BUSINESS
If your are the "letter" type and want to send me some snail mail, you can do so using the address below:

R.F.
P.O. Box 51181
Summerville, SC 29485

Please also remember to support our sponsors:
Prepared Planet
Berkey Sales

Support Be A Survivor, Thanks!

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Buy Be A Survivor stuff!

The Social Stuff!
Follow Me on Twitter~Friend Me on Facebook~The Survivalists

2 comments:

  1. Glad it's coming together Flea. Hopefully it won't be long until things are back together.

    matthiasj
    Kentucky Preppers Network

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there mate ,everything will come out in the wash

    ReplyDelete