Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Quick Update On The Fire And Flood

By Flea - Be A Survivor

Quick update:

We are in a hotel but I have gotten power back to my house. Gas, water and HVAC are still off.

The water pipe breaking actually put the fire out so I guess it was a good thing but water damage is like cancer.

Believe it or not I have a Internet, it is 100 degrees in my house as I type this. Will need to shutdown computer equipment to keep from overheating it.

Some lessons:

As expected insurance companies suck...no surprise there. They are as slow as molasses. I have been acting a general contractor getting the utilities and stuff fixed while the restoration company (who have been great) rip my first floor apart.

The water storage I had has been great for keeping everyone hydrated and I had enough to help flush toilets for the last several days.

If you don't have a generator...get one.

If you don't have flashlights (several) throughout your house...get them

Before disaster strikes get yourself a good electrician, plumber and HVAC company so you know who to call and don't have to scramble looking in the phone book.

More to come...eventually...scheduled posts for the next couple of days.

10 comments:

  1. Keep your head up, we're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're able to get started with putting things back as they should be!

    Hang in there, buddy! Our thoughts are with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you too!
    Jennifer
    New Mexico Prepper

    ReplyDelete
  4. And some think preppers are crazy! Glad you have plenty of water. A lesson for us all in this.
    Good luck and all is well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, I hope future gets better quick. As you demonstrate for us all, the real disaster that occurs is the one you hadn't planned for. Luckily, all are healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flea, you and your family are in our thoughts. I hope that everything gets repaired soon. SO glad that nobody was hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad no one was injured. This illustrates that a personal SHTF situation can get just as tough as a more general one. These are good points to remember. Keep us posted.
    YeOldFurt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything gets better for you!

    <3 Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your family are in my prauers!

    ReplyDelete