Thursday, May 7, 2009

Survival Links: Great Depression Cooking

I found this on YouTube and I absolutely fell in love with this lady (Clara). She reminds me of my great grandmother who I was very close to when I was younger.

Clara in a series of videos, cooks recipes that her family ate when they went through the great depression. Some of them are VERY simple and look delicious. She also shares stories about what it was like during the great depression and how her family made ends meet.

From her YouTube page:
"93 year old cook and great grandmother, Clara, recounts her childhood during the Great Depression as she prepares meals from the era. Learn how to make simple yet delicious dishes while listening to stories from the Great Depression."

There are a whole series of videos that cover a wide range of recipes...check them out and maybe you can apply some of her knowledge to your every day meal plan!

Great Depression Cooking on YouTube

Clara's website

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the great links, my man! Always up for some new, simple recipes. Eating is one of my favorite hobbies, ya know!

    And you just have to love the old stories from folkjs that have been there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara is such a hoot, I really enjoyed her videos.

    http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flea,

    Thanks for inviting me to your corner of the internet. I have found a few things already that I wasn't aware of.

    Your series on a "Kit" is very informative. I've been working on a post on a kit myself, and I'll be linking to your 3 parts for another perspective. Folks love to see different takes on the same subject.

    Thanks again!
    Regards,
    Albert
    The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles.
    The Range Reviews: Tactical.
    Proud Member of Outdoor Bloggers Summit.

    ReplyDelete