Monday, April 20, 2009

My Favorite Movies

Best Movies:
The Last of the Mohicans- this is one of the best movies ever made. The cinematography and music are beautiful. The story is a classic and the acting is spot on.

Master and Commander - The Far Side of the World- this is also an outstanding movie. I thought they would do more of the series but I don't think this movie did well enough for them to go ahead with it. There is an entire series of books about Captain Jack Aubrey.

Black Hawk Down- I love this movie. The Rangers and Delta Force kick ass. The movie is action packed and I thought it was extremely well done.

Saving Private Ryan- I am not a huge Tom Hanks fan but this is a classic...nuff said.

American Psycho- This is a great movie. It is funny even though I don't think that was the intent. Christian Bale plays a GREAT sick bastard. I highly recommend this one if you have never seen it.

A Beautiful Mind- You might think I am a Russel Crowe fan but really I am not. This was just a great movie about a brilliant man with a tortured mind.

Best Apocalypse/Zombie Movies:
28 Days Later- This movie and the sequel scare the shit out of me. Something about the infected running full steam after you and not getting tired really creeps me out.

28 Weeks Later- see above.

The Whole Romero Series (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Deadand Day of the Dead- hell this guy is the master. His movies are classics and everyone has copied them in some way or another. My favorite of the series is Dawn of the Dead.

Dawn of the Dead(Remake) - This is a surprisingly good remake of the original and is quite scary.

Shaun of the Dead- These guys make me laugh pure and simple, whether it is this movie or Hot Fuzz...these guys are absolute pissers.

Deep Impact- This is a well done movie. Morgan Freeman makes a good president and the premise is very realistic and QUITE POSSIBLE.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

1 comment:

  1. Master and Commander, best scene. The midshipman, the kid about 12 years old with a bum arm, rushing into the hold of the French warship leading his motley crew of cooks, the ships surgeon, the botanist. He welds a huge horse pistol and yells, "They mean to board us! Into them lads!" or something like that. He shoots the first French sailor point blank in the dark hold and then proceeds to weld the pistol as a club. Take this guy to deal with those Somali pirates!

    ReplyDelete