Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Recession Hits Home And Other News

I was forced to take a week unpaid leave at the company to try and stem the bleeding I guess. Well the little woman and I packed up the "Escape Pod" to use Mayberry's term and headed to the camp grounds for some relaxation. Just got back on Sunday and it was very enjoyable.

I normally have a Blackberry and am on call 24/7, when on unpaid leave the law states NO WORK (at all) so I shut that sucker off and it felt wonderful.

Did some fishing and walking and a whole lot of nothing.

Harper Collins sent me a review copy of Neil Strauss' new book "Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life" so when I finish it I will post a review for you. The book just came in via UPS on Monday so give me a few days to read it before expecting that review on the blog.

Other than that we haven't been doing a whole lot. We have been saving our money in case one of us loses our jobs. So far we have been lucky but there have been other changes at my job besides the unpaid week that scare me a bit so I ain't holding my breath that I will be retiring from this company.

One regret with my Pop up camper purchase last year...no slide out. I wish I had gotten a model with a slide as it really opens it up. Other than that we love the thing. Here she is for those of those of you who haven't been here that long.

The Be A Survivor "Escape Pod"...

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

3 comments:

  1. A week off...really makes it kinda hit home. I am pulling for you! Hang in there and do the best with what you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the (2) week off thing last week of December, 1st week of January. Luckily I had enough vacation so I didn't have to do it sans pay. They are talking about doing it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey your in my prayers and thoughts flea! Glad you are enjoying the extra time off!

    ReplyDelete