Friday, January 30, 2009

Free As In Beer: CCleaner

CCleaner is a registry cleaner and optimizer. I have used it A LOT. It works very well, although I do suggest you follow the prompts and backup the regestry entires you will be removing. I did have ONE PC act funny after I cleaned the registry and I had to restore from the backup CCleaner made (restore worked perfectly). I have literally used in 100 times with no issues but I always backup in case you are in the 1% of the machines that has an issue. This is a great program and it is freeware.

Here is a blurb from their website:

"Over 240 million downloads!!!
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)"


...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

No comments:

Post a Comment