Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Baking Soda, Oh Baking Soda...How I Love Thee

Baking Soda, sodium bicarbonate, is one of the natural wonders of the world. I have had a love affair with it for a long time and have posted many times on uses for it...

Making Your Own Laundry Detergent (I haven't purchased detergent in 2 years)
Making Your Own Soft Scrub (Works better than "Soft Scrub")
Taking Care Of Your Teeth (Baking Soda and water make a great toothpaste)

It is used in cooking to make dough "rise".

It is an effective cleaning agent.

It can be used as an antacid.

It can be used to keep your refrigerator and drains smelling fresh...just keep and open box in the fridge and dump some down the drain to get rid of odors.

The wikipedia page on baking soda.

The Arm & Hammer webpage.

Baking soda is dirt cheap and has WAY to many uses for you not to stockpile some of it. Keep some in your pantry in case you need it for anything. It really is one of the most amazing natural substances to occur on our planet.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

3 comments:

  1. I use it all the time man. The best thing going if ya ask me. I use it to clean white lettering on my tires too. Can't beat it for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a clue as to what I am to buy on my next prep excursion. Thank you very much.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and to use in your dishwasher while we still have electricity....use baking soda in the first detergent dispenser and dish washing detergent in the other. You won't need more than a heaping tablespoon full. Your dishes, pots and pans will be spotless and there will be no need to use the liquid rinses.

    ReplyDelete