Sunday, December 28, 2008

Be A Survivor: New Years Resolutions...

Damn, did 2008 fly by quickly...seems like just yesterday I started this blog and now we are going pretty strong 7 months and 200+ posts later. I figured I would share some of the New Year's resolutions I am going to try and make for the 2009 year. I do believe it is important to at least to TRY to make yourself better at some point in your life...so why not start fresh with a new year?

1.) Get myself in better shape - I am by no means a tub o' lard. I am 6'2" and just at 238 lbs. I do take cholesterol medicine...but that is it. I really want to get back into running a few miles daily. My resolution is to get serious about getting back to my fighting weight of 212 lbs. and running 2-3 miles a day.

2.) SAVE EVEN MORE money - My wife and I are pretty good with money. We have a mortgage and 2 car payments and no other debt. We are close to paying off her car - THAT WILL BE DONE ASAP, after that we will pay my truck off. I want to have just my mortgage by the end of 2010. NO SHIT, excuses or any other kind of crap...it will be done.

3.) Quit smoking - actually cheated on this one. We were gonna quit in January but said we had enough in October and quit cold turkey...so I am ahead of the game on this one ;)

4.) Prep, prep, prep - my goal this year is to get a few more cases of ammo and a few more cases of MRE's to suppliment what I have already. I also want to implement a rainwater collection system at the house (priority number 1!!!). Lastly I want to pick up a GOOD water filter and a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 shotgun.

5.) Because my post on taking things here and there generated so many "Mother Theresa" types I pledge to "steal" even more ketchup and salt packets from all those hard working restauranteurs! Just kidding on that one ;)

REAL #5 - To try an keep blogging as often as I can, to entertain and inform you with the meager knowledge I have on any subject I write about.

Good luck and God Bless in the new year...2009 here we come!!!

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

5 comments:

  1. Good list Flea. Mine is pretty similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My physical dimensions differ, but I'd say you've hit this one pretty good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good resolutions. Mine is to convince certain family and friends to plant food bearing plants on their property.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good resolutions. Mine were sorta more shotgunned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how can i become a blogger here?

    ReplyDelete