Monday, November 24, 2008

XENU Link Sleuth

I ran across a nice piece of FREE software in my travels recently. It certainly isn't new but it is new to me.

This software will be useful to anyone who runs a blog or website and wants to check and make sure they don't have any "dead links" laying around. A dead link is one that no longer works...in other words a person goes to your site clicks a link and gets the famous "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message (The site may have been deleted or the link moved).

The software is called Xenu Link Sleuth and like I said it is FREE. You put in your starting URL and it will crawl the entire site verifying the validity of the links...Nice tool, just thought I would pass it on.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

No comments:

Post a Comment