Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekend Roundup Vol. 17

Weekend Roundup:
Folks, get with the program and join "The Survivalists"! if you have a blog or website with survival content. We have 13 sites so far and are always looking for new recruits!


On My Mind:
Well getting the camping itch again...have to plan a trek out with the popup soon. You know what they say when you have the itch...scratch it!

Gas is now down to a $1.88 here...I can't believe how we have been screwed these last few years. Funny how "global demand" must have suddenly stopped...what a crock.

Please get the word out on my blog and if you haven't already subscribe to my feed...IT IS FREE! - Subscribe to Be A Survivor

If you would like your blog or website added to the Be A Survivor link list, let me know. Before asking, please make sure you have some content, it is related topically to my blog, (for example a site on baseball would not fit in here), is updated on some sort of regular schedule and I will be happy to try and help you out.

On The Blogs:
Scoutinlife's Homestead and Preparedness Blog
Keeping the Core Warm

Stealth Survival
Salmonella

Kaiservontexas' Musings
AR-15 Magazines

The Simple Dollar
Walking Away to be a Stay at Home Parent

Total Survivalist Libertarian Rantfest
10 Gadgets for Survival

The Tip:
CFL bulbs are great for saving money and energy they use about 30% of the electricity a regular bulb does. A few caveats though, they must be recycled or disposed of properly as they contain mercury and because of this they are also hazerdous...so be very careful cleaning up if you break one.

They last several times longer and save you money so the benefits outweigh the risks...

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

1 comment:

  1. This is my experience with CFLs (YMMV)
    I bought a boatload of them from Wallyworld about two years ago. Packaging said they would last up to 3 years. The first one burned out within the month. None lasted longer than 11 months. The majority lasted approx. 6 months.
    More disturbing was one that burned out in my living room. I mean BURNED out. It was smoking. Not sure what kind of noxious fumes I inhaled before I tracked the smell back to that bulb.
    At 6x to 8x the cost, I expected more. I certainly didn't expect to put my home & family at risk. Needless to say, I'm not a fan.

    ReplyDelete