Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weekend Roundup Vol. 15

Weekend Roundup:
People I KNOW there are many of you that have websites and blogs...you only stand to benefit from joining "The Survivalists"! It is a FREE web ring that I setup and five sites have taken the plunge and joined. Web rings work by generating traffic for member sites when one of the sites is visited there is a good chance the person will be interested in some of the other folks site. The sites that get little traffic...you have the most to benefit from!!!!! I get between 300-500 hits daily...take advantage of my traffic! Mayberry and Kaiservontexas I am sure get a boatload of traffic as well so you get a boost from them too. The more sites that join, there better it is for everyone! Plus you get to use a cool banner that I designed with my ninja like Paint Shop Pro skillz (OK I did the best I could).

Posts coming this week:
Be Prepared: Morse Code
Movie Review: 28 Weeks Later
Survival Food Spotlight: Honey
Red Dot Scopes
How To Field Strip An AK-47



On My Mind:
Election day is FAST approaching. Get out there an exercise your right to vote. If you don't vote...don't bitch because I don't want to hear it. It looks like the balance of power will shift in this country and that does scare me a bit. It has been a while since a party controlled both the white house and all of congress. I have to admit I am worried.

If you would like your blog or website added to the Be A Survivor link list, let me know. Before asking, please make sure you have some content, it is related topically to my blog, (for example a site on baseball would not fit in here), is updated on some sort of regular schedule and I will be happy to try and help you out.

On The Blogs:
Scoutinlife's Homestead and Preparedness Blog
Sure You Want To Bug Out?

Stealth Survival
Canola Oil, Is It Safe?

Kaiservontexas' Musings
Get Your Hot, Fresh PMAGS Here, PMAGS Here!!!

The Simple Dollar
Dealing With Personal Disappointment And Tragedy

Total Survivalist Libertarian Rantfest
Ryan 2L Tells Us Who The Hell These TSLR Fellers Are...

Down In The Hills Survival
Predicting The Future

The Tip:
Get to the polls early this election day as they are predicting a BIG turnout. If you don't want to stand in line or be there when all the problems they are predicting start get there EARLY and VOTE!!!!

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the Morse Code post. I hacked dits in the Army and love seeing the old signals get attention.

    One of the best thinks I liked about Jericho was the Morse embeds each week and trying to copy them.

    I also saw a news item via survival blog a while back where the Feds are rebooting the old Loran Sites. Getting ready for TEOTHAWKI themselves, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. The scheduled demise of Loran was met with much resistance, particularly from fishermen, who have their net snags and such marked in TDs.... Loran is also inherently immune to "Big Brother" messin' with the accuracy of position as they can and do with GPS, being an analog signal vs. digital, and land based vs. satellite....

    I need to brush up on Morse, it's gonna become important again.

    ReplyDelete