Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend Roundup Vol. 12

Weekend Roundup:
Well another week comes to a close. Time goes by so quickly it makes me want to work less and less and enjoy life more and more. My wife and I have really gone into overdrive trying to save massive amounts of money so we can retire while it still counts. Stay out of debt people...bad, bad, bad! (We have no debt besides my truck and our house and we are on the upside on both).


On My Mind:
Well the in-laws are down for a visit from NJ and while you are reading this we are camping in the popup at the state park with them. Absolutely love camping and what makes it better is the in-laws have never gone before. I will go easy on them.

The 401k is down but unlike the panicking sheep I am in for long term and I even increased my contributions to try and snap up some of the bargains. No worries here me and the wife have no debt...we avoid it like the plague. If I lost my high faluting IT job tomorrow we could still make it with me flipping burgers at McDonalds and vice-versa (wife has got a good job as well). I can't emphasize to people enough avoid the "consumerist" tendencies the rest of the nation have adopted. If you make 50k a year as a family and spend 55k...well, I ain't no economist but that is bad, you need to cut back on something. The message here is live below your means and stay out of debt if you can. God bless...

On The Blogs:
Stealth Survival:
Fuel Storage And Safety (LPG)

Scoutinlife's Homestead and Preparedness Blog
Getting Organized For Hunting Season

The Simple Dollar:
Do It Yourself Guide to A Romantic And Highly Frugal Date Night

Total Survivalist Liberatrian Rantfest:
The Underground Economy

Kaiservontexas' Musings
Calm Down It Ain't TEOTWAWKI (GOOD POST - Read it!)

The Tip:
You are entitled to a FREE credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies: Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS...SO DO NOT PAY A DIME...bullcrap like freecreditreport.com are a scam, they charge you for "protection" or "monitoring" services which are complete BS.

***You can get your free annual (once per calander year) credit report, viewable on-line, no credit score for FREE here. (Follow the instructions carefully because it takes you to each of the three agencies websites. Like I said don't pay for any extras either...)***

***I don't work for these people, I am not a financial advisor, what you do with this info is up to you. I am not responsible for anything that happens should you decide to use this info.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

1 comment: