Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Random Musings For Tuesday

I have been on a silver kick lately...my addiction is in the form of American Silver Eagles and Canadian Maple Leafs. They are 1 oz. of .999 silver which will make them a handy unit of payment when the SHTF. Really though I am just trying to get some precious metals in my portfolio. If I do get some gold I think it will be in the form of 1/20 oz Pandas from China. That is a good price point and doesn't have too much money tied up in one coin which for gold will be 800+ bucks for a 1 oz coin.

I just had UPS drop off another 200 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 FMJ that I picked up pretty darn cheap. The range here are pains in the asses and won't let people use FMJ because "it is too hard on the backstop"...I always smuggle some in anyway...FMJ is cheaper than soft points.

The wife and I went to the flea market here in Summerville on Sunday and picked up a load of local honey. Good stuff and stays for a LONG TIME. Honey is a great SHTF storage item. Salt is another one that if stored correctly will last practically forever...will make good barter item as well if the world comes to an end because when you sweat you need salt...or you die.

The Food Lion near us had Raman soups for 10 cents a piece. Needless to say I picked up a few cases of them. They last forever as well and they make for cheap lunches or good side dishes for dinner. They also had the big cans of coffee on sale for $4.99. That is our queue to pick up like 10 cans bacause it is normaly much more expensive, especially Folger's.

The in-laws are down so I have been dealing with that...always nice. Maybe I should do a "How To Survive The In-Laws Visit" post for all of you. Yeah I think I will make a note of that one...

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

3 comments:

  1. Nod & smile - repeat often. Get them to telling family stories (about your sweetie if you can), smile & nod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or go out in the garage, that is what they are for.
    Lol, and people thought it was for parking your cars in.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I am lucky - my range is the White Mountain National Forest in recently logged over areas. Nobody around to set any rules.

    Keep up your preps. A little each week adds up after 52 or 104 weeks!

    ReplyDelete