Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekend Roundup Vol. 10

Weekend Roundup:
Changing up the format of the weekend roundup folks...this will be the 10th edition and I need to inject some new blood into the mix. Writing this blog is a hell of a lot of work, I never imagined the time it would consume to post everyday. I have a fulltime job and am also going to college in my "spare time". I have been hanging in there but I won't lie it has been tough. Thank the Lord I love to read so it always gives me fresh ideas to write about. Sometimes I post amusing stuff to try to get a laugh out of you and possibly brighten your day. Rest assured I am working hard to keep pumping out the posts for the folks who have been kind enough to contact me and tell me how much they enjoy the blog.


On My Mind:
I had my little rant this week griping about the current state of the survival blogosphere so I felt I needed to change how the roundup works...information...strictly information from here forward. No rants or any of that stuff anymore. Hell I know there are people that never tire of that stuff but I am plum wasted on it at this point...can't read another word.

On The Blogs:
ScoutinLife's Homestead and Preparedness Blog:
My Criteria for a Woodcraft/Bushcraft Knife
Woodcraft Quotes

Stealth Survival (Riverwalker's Blog):
Health Tips
Safe Traveling - Trusting Your Maps

The Simple Dollar:
Surviving A Natural Disaster

SHTFBlog (Rangerman)
Vaccinate Your Kid or Not

The Tip:
Chicken livers are cheap and they are FANTASTIC catfish bait. Those little buggers can't get enough of them. I have caught dozens of catfish bottom fishing with a hunk of chicken liver on the hook.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

6 comments:

  1. Glad I don't snack much! The Simple Dollar link is to Riverwalker's Blog - good enough to read twice lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops sorry I will fix that link. Don't mix sleepyness and blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always used chicken livers when Grandpa and I went fishing for catfish. You are exactly right about using that for bait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so tired when I got in from work this morning that I fell asleep at the computer. Woke up and realized I hadn't written anything.

    Chicken livers are a good thing! Cheap and work great too!Now to find some time to go fishin'.

    RW

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep me coming back... :)

    I enjoy the laid back atmosphere of your posts. I too got sick of the constant dooming.

    ReplyDelete