Thursday, September 18, 2008

Keep On Preppin

Lately, I have been a bit lazy with the preps but I have started getting my butt in gear. Some of the things I have done in recent weeks:

Picked up a Yugo M70 under folder (AK-47) from the Charleston Gun Show.

Brought 3 additional 30 round mags for the AK from Southern Ohio Guns.

Sighted in my 10/22 and Barska scope at the range.

Rotated out all my water that I have stored in 7 gallon Jerry Cans.

Stocked up on items from Walmart like tuna fish, sardines, SPAM, Raman soups, Mac & Cheese, honey, coffee and canned vegetables.

I ordered 200 rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf FMJ from Cheaper Than Dirt.

Cleaned and lubed all the guns.

Stopped spending money an anything not deemed a necessity (no eating out or anything like that for sure).

Checked all my first-aid supplies and filled in any gaps.

I went through the motions when we got grazed by Hannah, tested generator, increased cash stash on hand, etc.

I hate when I get lazy with this stuff. I forced myself to get back in gear because crap always happens when you are least prepared or expect it.

Unlike most folks I am not panicking about the financial mess the country is facing, to be honest doesn't seem to be much different from 1987 and 1990 when the financial SHTF but hey you never know I could be wrong. I don't have any money tied up in risky investments like the morons that bought securitized sub-prime crap and stock in companies with nothing more than a sharply dressed CEO and a good line of bullshit. I am also not panic selling what I do have like most of the herd out there who will lose their shirts in short order.

One thing I really need to point out that really pisses me off is the entertainment industry. When did these butt nuggets who make millions of dollars a year decide they speak for America? I really don't give a rat's ass what Whoppie Goldberg or Matt Damon has to say about Obama or McCain, here is an idea stick to acting and shut your piehole.

Anyhow I am more angry than usual so I do apologize for that!

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

2 comments:

  1. It's ok to get angry, there's so much to be angry about..... I bet angry pretty much started the Revolution!

    ReplyDelete