Saturday, August 2, 2008

Weekend Roundup Vol. 2

Well another week comes to a close and that means another edition of the weekend roundup! More tips and links to some of my favorite blog posts from around the blogosphere...

FROM THE DESK OF FLEA
For those who are wondering my classes ended and I got an A and an A-. For my reward I got...two more classes to start immediately..great :(

It was also a rough week at work and I have to travel next week to Cleveland OH for business to complicate my life further. Enough doom and gloom, time for the roundup...

ADMINISTRATIVE STUFF
My offer to allow folks to guest post here still stands if anyone is interested email me at beasurvivor.blogspot@gmail.com and we'll talk about it.

The changes to the blog are complete and people seem to like them...Thanks everyone!

TIP OF THE WEEK:
Use a mix of dish liquid detergent and water in a spray bottle to keep aphids at bay in your garden or keep ants in check around the yard...trust me this one works great. Use about a tablespoon of detergent to a quart of water.

Email me a tip and I will post it here and make you famous (we'll not really...but you will get credit!)

WEEKEND ROUNDUP
Checkout Scoutinlifes armory...nice cabinets by the way!

Check out Big Bear's home grown aquaponics...love this idea.

Dragon reviews his favorite SHTF vehicle.

Over at Down in the Hills check out a very nice Yugo M70.

Watch Mayberry bitch-slap some trolls...very entertaining. (The comments are where the story is at boys and girls...)

theotherryan debates whether this economy is even salvagable at this point.

5 WAYS TO IMMEDIATELY IMPROVE YOUR LIFE
1.) Cut out TV and read a book.
2.) Go on a camping trip with your family.
3.) Cook dinner instead of going out to eat.
4.) Take a walk daily.
5.) Tell a family member you love them (especially if you don't do it often enough)

Bonus: When you go to the store before buying something...ask yourself...do I "really" need this? You may walk out with a few extra bucks.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Flea glad you liked the cabinets built them my self ck out Sundays post I'm adding a few more pics!Congrats on the grades and Welcome to Ohio on your upcoming trip be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEEEEEEERRREE Trollie Trollie Trollie! Heh heh heh.....

    ReplyDelete