Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pop Up Camper Update

Well me and the little woman are now the proud owners of a Jayco Jay Series 1007 camper. We paid for it today and are scheduled to pick it up next Tuesday.

They are Installing the A/C and running it through it's paces. They are also installing a Class III hitch on my Dakota on Tuesday as well.

Here is a link to the Jayco page...we have floorplan 1007 - no bathroom.

I went to Emergency Essentials website and picked up a bucket with a toilet seat as well as some "Double Doodie" bags to use in it. I also purchased a portable outhouse made by Outback. We'll place that next to the camper and that will be our shower (remember to use biodegradable soap) and toilet.

I am happy as a clam and we are going camping with it next weekend. I will take a full set of pics that I will share with you folks once we get back.

Wish us luck with it!

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome. Watch Craigslist and Ebay for deals on porta pots. I got one on Ebay last year, brand new, for 50 bucks. The ladies will thank you profusely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I have a 15 passenger van for bug out and I am looking for a small travel trailer to pull behind my Dakota.

    RW

    ReplyDelete