Thursday, July 17, 2008

Doom and Gloom

OK not really...there are many survival blogs I absolutely enjoy reading. Many are a fantastic mix of doom and gloom and useful information (one fine example of this type of mix is Mayberry - he does a nice job of mixing it up - highly recommend you make him a daily read). Some are all doom and gloom which is fun to read but not very helpful otherwise (at least to me anyways).

Listen nothing wrong with that stuff but that is not the purpose of this blog. I try to give folks some useful information and steer clear of doom, gloom and peak oil discussions. There are plenty of folks who have that market cornered. I am not going to sit here and tell you the man is trying to bring you down, pull your money out of banks or any of that sort of stuff. My purpose here is to give you information to get you through life…”the collapse” seems to be a moving target and no one has gotten it right yet.

A quick note on politics...I avoid it. I will tell you I am a registered Republican and you may hear me mention things like the assault weapons ban or the possibility of something like that returning...but I am not a "political tool" for the party I have historically voted for. My beliefs are just that, mine and I won't ever try to force them on anyone else.

I prefer to give you tips and info on things that will most likely affect some, if not all of you at some point in your lives…money issues, natural disaster, fire, theft or victimization. Many people who visit this site probably don’t share my views nor should they. Opinions are like assholes…everyone has one. Mine is not special by any stretch of the imagination.

One blog I highly recommend is Riverwalkers...good tips and useful information is almost every post. Survival Topics is another great one (I wouldn't characterize his site as a blog necessarily).

I do just want to make this one thing clear to anyone who does read my blog…if your looking for doom and gloom I suggest you check out some of the other survival blogs out there...there are MANY fine examples. If you want information, tips, product reviews and book reviews then this is your place.

On that note I would like to thank all of you who have been reading. I have been getting between 300-500 visits daily. I appreciate you coming by to see what this nobody has to say. I hope that I have given you even just one piece of useful information that you can store away in the data banks and recall when needed in the future. Most of all I really just want to say THANKS!

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having this blog. I check it a couple of times a day (I work from home so I'm always on the computer and it only takes a second to pull up my favorite). I enjoy most of your writings. Some I raise an eyebrow at and say "why the heck didn't I think of that" and others are just plain good information. Keep doing what you are doing. I for one appreciate it.
    Cliff from Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank ya fer the props Flea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, always like to hear about other survival sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work my friend I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete