Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ammo Hoard Status: 6,050 Rounds

Current hoard includes: .22 lr - 4,950 rounds 9mm - 1,100 rounds. Some pictures are below: right now the ammo is Winchester White Box, Wolf, Federal and CCI. The ammo cans (great deal at gun show $3 each) have 500 rounds of 9mm and 2,750 rounds of .22 lr respectively.

As you know I ordered and SKS, so I will soon have to add 7.62 x 39 to the mix.


I have been able to accumulate most of this using the famous "Wal-Mart Method" of hoarding ammo. My goal is to store roughly 10k of .22lr, 5k of 9mm and 5k of 7.62x39. I will keep providing updates as I get closer to my goal.

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good goal! Little by little the ammo add up. I miss cheap ammo prices..... Great score on the ammo cans by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could have carried more ammo cans I would have bought more...no rust and in very good shape for $3 each! As it was I was carrying 2 of them, plus 500 rounds of Wolf 9mm. I will hit the next gun show with a backpack to aid in carrying my "booty"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always carry my daughters discarded high school book bag to shoes. I don't want everyone to know what I've bought so I buy it, stuff it in the pack and sling it up on my back. Last trip I picked up a lot of ammo and walked out looking a little tilted to the side. That stuff gets heavy in a hurry.
    Cliff in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combloc ammo can be ordered still sealed in giant metal spam cans. Good move to get it at least some of it that way, keeps forever.

    ReplyDelete