Monday, May 26, 2008

C & R

Well it has officially been a month (4/19 to be exact) since I submitted my application to the BATF for my C&R FFL (Curio and Relic). This magical document allows you to purchase weapons listed by the BATF as curio or relics, like the SKS or Mosin Nagant, on the Internet and have them shipped to your house.

Needless to say my first purchase will likely be said SKS. The BATF sure cashes your check ($30) quickly - within 4 days in my case. Unfortunately they take their sweet time getting you the license. The application really is no big deal. You fill out one copy and send it to the BATF with a check for $30 and you send another copy to the head law enforcement officer in your area. In my case that was the Dorchester County Sheriff - Ray Nash.

Below is a great tutorial on how to obtain your C&R FFL on Surplus Rifle:
How to obtain your C&R FFL

I will keep you posted on when the hell this thing gets here, I have heard estimates of 4-6 weeks and 4-6 months.

I am hoping for the former and not the latter ;)

...that is all.

 Subscribe to Be A Survivor and Follow me on Twitter

Buy Be A Survivor stuff! ~ Donate to Be A Survivor! ~ Join "The Survivalists"!

No comments:

Post a Comment